We are delighted to announce that another one of our tyre technician’s has passed his Car tyre Technical Course at the Michelin Training Centre. The objectives of this City and Guilds accredited course is to explain the basic elements of car tyre technology, demonstrate how to fit and balance car tyres and to carry out minor repairs and to explain the importance of workshop health and safety.
This three day course trains our staff on the following:
- Tyre Development
- The importance of the pneumatic tyre, components of the pneumatic tyre, materials used in tyre construction
- Tyre size and other sidewall markings
- Car Wheels
- Tyre/wheel relationships, Torque settings
- Principles of vehicle control
- Theory of balance
- Practical balancing
- Tyre examination
- Wear and damage diagnosis
- Puncture Repairs
- Minor repairs to BSAu 159(f)
- Tyre Legislation
- Factors affecting tyre life and how to control them
Gary started with us in March 2015 and although he had many years of tyre fitting experience before joining our team he didn’t hold a qualification therefore we booked him on the first available course.
When Gary returned from the course he said, “Although I’ve been the trade a while Ive learnt a lot from the course and it’s going to give me a lot more confidence when i’m back at work dealing with customers.”
We have several staff booked on courses this year, courses include the Car Tyre Technical, Licence to Fit – Roadside Recovery, Motorcycle Tyre Technical and a Selling Tyres course. A member of staff from the Redruth branch passed his Truck Tyre Technical back in January 2015.