Before we commit to any repair, we will closely inspect the tyre. We will make sure there is no secondary damage, worn tread or any other deterioration in the tyre.
Tyre repair is a highly technical process that is covered by the British Standard that has strict guidelines on how and when a tyre can be repaired.
Tyres subject to the following kinds of damage are not repairable:
- Visible or deformed bead wire
- Rubber or tread separations
- Deterioration of the tyre caused by grease or corrosive fluid
- Marking of the interior rubber caused by overheating due to under inflation
- Damage larger than regulations will allow
Every tyre we repair will be repaired in accordance with the British standard BSI59. Our qualified staff can offer more information about this process if required.
If there is any doubt as to whether a tyre should or should not be repaired, we will not repair it and advise you of the safety concerns and reasoning’s behind this.